Registered General Nurse (RGN)
We are urgently seeking a Registered General Nurse (RGN) to start immediately in Newham. You will be working in one of the biggest and most reputable Care Homes in the country, with fantastic connections in and out of London.
The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Ensure provision of high-quality nursing care
• Identifying and taking appropriate clinical and other interventions to ensure the safety and comfort of Residents
• Undertake the assessment of nursing needs to new and existing Residents.
• Updating and maintaining Residents Care Plan to include the Resident choices, capacity assessment (as appropriate), their communication methods, nursing and social care needs
• Adhere to the company’s medicines policy and practice
• Supervise and direct other colleagues providing care, including leading shifts, to ensure the provision of care and support to Residents
• Ensure that appropriate reporting and recording is undertaken by all colleagues as appropriate
• Reporting all critical incidents in accordance with the company’s procedures and regulatory requirements
• Act as a positive role model
• Assist the Manager for the delivery of clinical services and nursing practice in accordance with regulatory requirements and take responsibility within their absence
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
Be a registered nurse
Have a valid PIN number
Have knowledge of national Standards, professional nursing standards and NMC code of practice
Have knowledge and understanding of person-centred care planning process and the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
Desirably, you will have:
Evidence of specialising in a field of nursing related to the care of older people.
Evidence of CPD in line with NMC requirements for revalidation
Verbal and written communication
Accurate record keeping
Desirably you will have IT skills.
Working as a nurse in a Care environment or equivalent
Desirably you will have experience:
Mentoring and developing others
Post registration experience in a Care Home or similar environment
Leading and managing a team
Our ideal candidate will share our client’s values and principles:
Kindness – We are kind to everyone we care for, work with or meet. Integrity – We do what we say, keep our promises, and acknowledge any errors.
Essential – We prioritise what is important and then focus on those tasks.
Simplest – We are clear and straightforward in our communication.
Best Value – We focus on tasks that offer real value and look for the best value in everything we do.
Accountability — Involvement — Partnership
*Pay rates are commensurate with experience and availability as per national standards.
Apply for this job