We are currently looking for a Kitchen Assistant to work in one of the biggest and most reputable Care Homes in the country. This opportunity is located in Wiltshire, available for an immediate start.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Prepare and serve food and beverages to Residents and visitors based on their needs and requests.
• Participate in Colleague and Resident meetings as requested.
• Maintain accurate records of food supplies, freezer / fridge temperatures throughout the home, and at times of food service.
• Ensure the kitchen and equipment is maintained at a high standard of cleanliness to support the safe production and service of food.
• Show new Colleagues the correct use of equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
• Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen, food preparation areas and serveries is carried out effectively.
• Report to the Home Manager or Maintenance Operative any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment, or any potential hazard.
Health and Safety
• Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, Colleague, self, or another.
• Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
Qualifications and knowledge:
• NVQ Level 2 Catering or Food Preparation or willingness to achieve within 12 months
• Knowledge of food safety records
• NVQ Level 2 Catering or Food Preparation
• Verbal communication skills
• Record keeping
• Organising own time effectively
• Following recipes and written instructions
• IT Skills
• Working as part of a team in a professional environment
• Using catering equipment in a commercial kitchen
Our ideal candidate will share our client’s values and principles:
Kindness – We are kind to everyone we care for, work with, or meet.
Integrity – We do what we say, keep our promises, and acknowledge any errors.
Essential – We prioritise what is important and then focus on those tasks.
Simplest – We are clear and straightforward in our communication.
Best Value – We focus on tasks that offer real value and look for the best value in everything we do.
Accountability — Involvement — Partnership
*Pay rates are commensurate with experience and availability as per national standards.
Apply for this job