Community Mental Health Nurse BAND 6
The post holder:
• Will act as an independent practitioner within a defined community setting, while liaising with other professionals as necessary.
• Will manage a defined caseload and provide supervision to others as appropriate.
• Will be responsible for the assessment planning implementation and evaluation of nursing care within agreed parameters, and have a working knowledge of local, national policies and legislation, which govern current service provision and audit.
• Will be responsible for ensuring effective communication pathways exist.
• Will be responsible for ensuring the promotion of equality diversity and rights in accordance with good practice and legislation.
• Will be responsible for identifying and contributing to the training needs necessary in providing quality evidence based care as appropriate.
To be responsible as the Care Coordinator for the assessment and coordination of care needs, planning and implementation of evidence based care to a defined group of service users and their carers within a defined catchment area/locality. To provide professional advice and support to other agencies and members of the multidisciplinary team, and act up for the Team Lead in their absence as appropriate. To act as a role model and resource for junior/less experienced staff.
• To be responsible for the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of the evidence based care required, including health promotion for a named service user/group.
• Responsible for the appropriate clinical risk assessment of service users contacting the “Out of Hours” service, providing an effective advice, guidance and decision making process culminating in the coordination of any reviewed plan of care.
• Responsible for the admission, case conference/reviews and discharge in collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Responsible for coordinating the care and assessment under the Care Programme Approach of a designated caseload
• Responsible for participating in the development of the service, setting of quality standards, including the auditing, monitoring and reviewing in line with current clinical guidance practice and policy.
• Responsible for ensuring the postholder understands and meets their professional responsibilities under Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children Legislation.
• Responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 are observed, adhered to and implemented.
• Responsible for the promotion of carer and service user involvement within the service and for its provision.
• Responsible for establishing therapeutic relationships with service users, and the implementation of evidence based therapeutic interventions with appropriate boundaries in accordance with Nursing and Midwifery Councils professional code of conduct.
• Responsible for ensuring that carers’ assessments, education and support is delivered in accordance with the requirements of the NSF.
• Responsible for deputising and providing appropriate support and caseload coverage for colleagues/team members.
Please apply if interested in the role.
If this job interests you please get in touch with this recruiter via email or phone.