Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist / Head OT for Adult Inpatients
1. To assess clients referred to the service.
2. To utilise specialist assessments when presented with complex cases.
3. To make decisions on the level of treatment intervention required.
4. To undertake treatment planning, communicating and negotiating treatment plans and clinical reasoning for intervention with clients and their carers.
5. To liaise closely with community Occupational Therapy Department as required.
6. To communicate agreed treatment/care plans to multi-disciplinary team colleagues and partnership agencies and liaise with them at formal and informal meetings.
7. To work in collaboration with others to modify aspects of the environment in order to empower clients and facilitate optimal functional performance.
8. To liaise with Social Services and Housing Organisations concerning provision of equipment and home adaptations.
9. To manage a complex caseload.
10. To apply a variety of treatment modalities to meet the needs of clients in individual or group format, utilising clinical reasoning processes to determine the most appropriate setting for intervention.
11. To make clinically informed decisions in order to delegate aspects of client care to assistants, junior staff, students, carers and statutory or non-statutory bodies.
12. To regularly review clients’ progress in order to evaluate and interpret effectiveness of treatment plans, and amend treatment or discharge clients accordingly.
13. To ensure that treatment offered is based on the best available evidence for effectiveness in the specialist area where it is applied.
14. To develop and initiate interventions based on the integration of theoretical knowledge in order to meet unique client needs.
15. To keep up to date clinical records in line with professional standards and local record keeping policies.
16. To provide written and verbal reports as required at any stage in the treatment process in line with Occupational Therapy Clinical Governance Standards.
If you are interested , Please apply .
If this job interests you please get in touch with this recruiter via email or phone.